Cook - P.I.C.
About the job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Handle and prepare food by OHA Food Sanitation Rules
· Prepare food that is palatable and appetizing in appearance
· Follow oral and written directions
· Follow written menus and recipes
· Understand and be able to prepare meals for special diets as directed
· Be responsible for avoiding food waste
· Assume responsibility for meeting meal schedules and maintaining a safe, steady work pace
· Assume responsibility as PIC during the shift.
Policies & Procedures
· Always follow Resident’s Rights policies
· Follow Oregon Community-Based Care Annual Kitchen Inspection Standards
· Follow Oregon Health Authority - Division 150 Food Sanitation Rules
· Follow established performance standards and perform duties according to nursing service policies and procedures
· Be responsible for the proper care and use of kitchen equipment
· Assume accountability for data contained in the employee’s handbook
· Observe infection control procedures
· Observe all facility safety policies and procedures
· Apron or Cook Smock, proper footwear is to be worn at appropriate times while performing duties
· PIC responsible for all kitchen wash, folding, and putting away laundry including aprons, Cook Smock, towels, mop, etc.
· Hair restrained by braid, bun, or hair net including facial hair restrained by the use of a beard net or mask.
Resident / Staff / Guest Services
· Assist residents, and guests at their request and as you observe their needs.
· Identify special resident problems and notify resident care staff and/or R.N.
· Receive monies for guest charges including documentation services.
· Track staff meals, and notify staff of charges for additional meals
· Prepare food that is written on the House Menu, and Weekly Menu along with following portion control methods during meal services.
· Document incidents and/or unusual problems according to established facility procedures (ask resident care staff for assistance if necessary)
· Document resident meal tracking, food waste, food temperature, refrigeration equipment, dishware equipment, sanitation equipment, and guest and staff meals.
· Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality
· Fill out the timecard completely and timely
· Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner
· Function with inside and outside environmental conditions
· Attend in-service training programs
· Assist new employees in following established facility policies and procedures
· Answer the telephone as needed using proper telephone etiquette
Perform other related duties as directed by the Director of Food Services or the Administrator
Education & Qualifications
· Supportive of Willamette Manor’s Mission Statement and Philosophy
· Knowledgeable in health care and food service practices
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Possess current Food Handler’s Card (new hires will have thirty (30) days to obtain certification)
· Possess current CPR (including abdominal thrust) and First Aid certification for health care providers (new hires will have thirty (30) days to obtain certification)
· Able to make decisions independently
· Able to work with various chemicals
· Able to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
· Communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English
· Feel, hear, see, smell, balance, climb, squat, grasp, kneel, lift, pull, push, reach, bend, sit, stand, walk, stoop, and speak to adequately perform the functions of the job
· Possess good judgment
· Attentive to details
· Work well with and relate well to the elderly and disabled, resident families, public and facility staff
· Be flexible, receptive, and adaptive to change
· Plan, organize, implement, and follow through on duties and responsibilities
Shoes for Crews Deduction from Paycheck
Time off with pay accrual
Bonuses – Thanksgiving/Christmas
Holiday Pay/Shift Differential/Call in Differential
Medical/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
Life Insurance- 50,000 Accidental Disability and Dismemberment Policy
"Willamette Manor is a stand-alone nonprofit assisted living facility in Lebanon, Oregon, that has been serving area residents for over 90 years.
Our mission is to provide quality services with Christian values to seniors and disabled persons in our community.
At Willamette Manor we take living personally. That's why we offer a variety of living arrangements in our 42 apartment facility. We provide meals, housekeeping, nursing services, transportation, activities and caregiving assistance.
Our exemplary State Survey history and reputation is a result of our commitment to providing the best services possible.
Willamette Manor is an affordable assisted lifestyle community located in the heart of the Willamette Valley. Our one-story building is located in Lebanon Oregon, east of Inter-State 5 between Albany and Sweet Home."
176 West C Street, Lebanon, OR, USA